Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Yep, I'm a little late starting my Ironman Wisconsin blog...

But it actually just now feels like the start of the triathlon season this week with my first race Sunday - Kansas 70.3.

Since I signed up for IMWI on September 13, 2010, it's been a busy and fun year training/race wise which I hope is putting me on track for a great day in Madison September 11!

Highlights since signing up for IMWI 2011:
October - completed the scorching Chicago marathon - marathon # 2

November - Hot chocolate 15k
January - Phoenix 1/2 Marathon (and Susan's first!)
February - Austin 1/2 Marathon and catching up with H.S. friend Maricar (and Ian) complete marathon #64
March - March Madness 1/2 Marathon - hills in the downpour and lightening
May - Ravenswood 5k / Soldier Field 10 mile

And now it's June!   In between all of the races and running in the cold Chicago winter from January through June (yes, Chicago didn't have a spring) there was a lot of time spent in the pool, on the trainer, in computrainer class...so I'm pumped to get to put all of them together...swim, bike , run!

Looking forward at the summer gets somewhat overwhelming, but I picked up a little tool a couple years back..."one day at a time".  No doubt I have the "toolbox" full to help me to complete my FIRST IRONMAN!

I'm ready to roll...

No comments:

Post a Comment