Tuesday, September 6, 2011

IMOOOOOOOO....5 days!

Last week I was able to stop taking off my shoes to count...and today it's down to one hand - FIVE more sleeps until IMWI!  Whoo hoo!!

I saw these cows on my lunch time run today and just had to stop and take a picture.  Not sure if they are always there and I run on the other side of the street, but I thought the timing was P-E-R-F-E-C-T!  Cows on the sidewalk in Chicago...they must have been wishing me good luck to head up to Wisconsin.  Or maybe I just needed the laugh!

In addition to Susan (jokingly I hope?) threatening to take away my phone so I stay off the forums reading about the snakes in Lake Monona and the weather forecast every 11.3 minutes to check radar...I can easily tend to get into serious mode with this little Ironman journey.  Reality is...I'm going to win it just like I've won all of my races.  I have my own little imaginary race category, and I take the top podium spot every time!  

Since "winning" is not the issue and I've detailed all I possible can control in my multi-tabbed race plan it's now time for me to stop thinking and switch over to really trusting the process.  I'm as ready as I'm going to get for the day.  At this point it is all about executing on the physical training, nutrition, and staying mentally positive and F-O-C-U-S-E-D.  I'm not underestimating the challenge that Ironman is going to be, but if I'm going to succeed, I need to loosen up just a little bit and remember that this is not putting the roof over my head or food on the table.  It's time to for me to remember why I signed up - for the challenge and for FUN!

And it has been a lot of fun.  No doubt.  And I've learned so much.

The next couple of days I'm going to enjoy and head up to Madison Friday morning relaxed and ready.  It's time to soak up the most of this first journey before the cannon goes off at 7am Sunday and the "work" begins!

2 comments:

  1. Reading this made me feel like I wrote it for you. This so perfect. You are so ready and YES it is time to enjoy everything that goes with participating in your first Ironman. You will be awesome and totally enjoy the journey. Just think of the prizes, fame and fortune at the end :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How is this the first time I am reading your blog! WOW! agree.. FOCUS lady.. that's all you need to do. Just loosing up, enjoy yourself and trust that you ARE READY - which you are! So excited to watch you on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete